12 Jul Today at Hope 7/12/2021
Yesterday in worship we observed the Seventh Sunday after Pentecost and rejoiced in the fullness of God’s spiritual blessings. They all come to us, regularly and abundantly, through the Lord Jesus Christ. Check out this description Paul gives in his Epistle to the Ephesians:
- you were chosen before the creation of the world for righteousness
- you have been adopted into God’s eternal family through Jesus
- you are ransomed through Jesus’ blood and granted forgiveness for your failures
- God’s hidden design has been revealed to us so that we know His good will and are included in His wise plan
- the climax is coming, where all things are brought together in Christ
- even now you are called to be an honor to God’s glory
That’s a lot to be thankful for!!
We had another great discussion yesterday in our Adult Discipleship class, this one about Second Chances. Come and join in next Sunday for another fresh video-based topic.
You are invited to come be part of our Tacos and Prayers outreach this Saturday. Food prep will start in the Parish Hall at 8 am, then at 10 am we will process a few blocks to the parking lot of MBC service station. We will hand out tacos and bottled water and offer prayers for anyone who is willing. It’s a great time to be among our neighbors and to easily show the love of Jesus.
Our next Summertime Social is this Wednesday at high noon. Bring a dish to share and enjoy some relaxing and uplifting fellowship in the Parish Hall. A good time to gather for an enjoyable hour or two.
Hope’s VBS is next week, July 19-23, from 9:00 to 11:00 am Monday thru Friday. If you would like to contribute some time and/or talent, plan to come to the Volunteer Training this Tuesday at 5:00 pm. Talk to Carl Repp or Shannon Galloway for all the info.
Hope Men, get ready for a good time! Next Tuesday, July 20, we will have our monthly gathering at Tres Amigos. Come on out at 5:00 pm and enjoy a good meal and some spiritual encouragement.
The Lord has supplied each of us generously with daily provision. I encourage you to make regular and faithful Offerings at Hope in faith and gratitude for God’s loving care. Here are three ways to do that:
• In-person at the offering plate;
• On the church website by the Give with Us button;
• Through the Vanco mobile app GivePlus.
Scripture readings for next Sunday—Jeremiah 23;1-6; Ephesians 2:11-22; Mark 6:30-44.
Birthdays—7/17 Margie Hecker; 7/18 Frances Miertschin
Anniversaries—7/14 Perry & JoEllyn Silguero
“He has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing that comes from heaven.” Ephesians 1:3